CPS Energy’s New Energy Economy (NEE) is built on partnerships with companies who share our belief in clean energy, innovation and energy efficiency.
Since 2011, CPS Energy has worked with a number of partners to turn those principles into economic development while protecting our environment and helping our customers use energy more wisely.
Through the NEE, CPS Energy is investing in clean energy and innovative technologies like solar power, LED lighting, clean coal and smart grid infrastructure. Many partners have already located corporate offices and manufacturing facilities in San Antonio.
- More than 1,000 new jobs have been committed to San Antonio by our NEE partners. These jobs will have an estimated annual payroll of more than $40 million.
- These innovative partnerships have already yielded 500 jobs and $808 million in economic impact to San Antonio (November 2014).
- By 2019, the New Energy Economy is expected to have an economic impact of more than $1.6 billion.
- More than $13 million has been committed by NEE partners for local education programs, with primary focus on science, technology and engineering programs. So far, nearly $1.2 million has been contributed to date. (Nov. 2014).
Through NEE partnerships, CPS Energy also is leveraging low-carbon and renewable energy resources to stimulate economic and educational development within our community.
- CPS Energy has committed to making cleaner, renewable energies 20 percent of its generation resources by 2020.
- We’re also committed to reducing power plant emissions – rebalancing our portfolio toward natural gas and renewables – making 65% of our generation low or no carbon resources.
- We’re reducing power plant emissions by tens of thousands of tons per year—the equivalent of removing almost one million vehicles from our roads.