REAP/Utility Assistance


We contribute $1 million or more per year to the Residential Energy Assistance Partnership (REAP). This invaluable program is our commitment to provide help to pay energy bills for customers who qualify for assistance.

To qualify for REAP you must:

  • Have income at or below 125% of federal poverty guidelines and be experiencing financial hardship.
  • Be elderly, handicapped, have small children in your home, or require critical-care equipment.
  • Be a resident of San Antonio or Bexar County.

If you qualify for REAP:

  • Your maximum assistance is $400 per year.
  • You will receive credit on your CPS Energy utility bills as well as information about CPS Energy programs on weatherization, low-cost/no-cost energy efficiency, senior-citizen aid and critical care assistance.
  • You will be asked to present proof of income, hardship and number of family members.

Inquire about REAP assistance by contacting:

How to apply:

To mail a Written Request for Utility Assistance be sure to include your name, last four digits of the applicant's Social Security number, present address, phone number and CPS account number. Mail to:

        Bexar County Utility Assistance
        233 N. Pecos, Suite 590
        San Antonio, Texas 78207

You may also send the Written Request for Utility Assistance form by email to


Want to help your neighbors keep the lights on? Donate to REAP, Inc.