We are actively involved throughout our community in a variety of ways. These include:
- Supporting area schools through student mentoring (InspireU) and summer internships (SAFE)
- Volunteering thousands of hours in support of community projects
- Actively working to make our air, water and land clean and healthy
- Speaking at a variety of community events to keep everyone informed and educated about important energy topics
- Maintaining and encouraging partnerships with businesses and organizations that want to support important community causes
The Residential Energy Assistance Partnership (REAP) is a partnership between CPS Energy, the City of San Antonio and Bexar County, which provides eligible families in financial distress with utility assistance twice a year.
Every dollar donated goes directly to those who are in need. REAP funds are applied directly to the recipient's utility bill, making it convenient with no check to pick up or money to manage. Since 2002, we have contributed mroe than $20 million to REAP to help customers facing difficult times. Donate to REAP, Inc.
Become an Agency Partner to view client account data and enter pledges and payments on behalf of your clients. Any organization that helps residential customers with payment of their CPS Energy bill may enroll in the Agency Partners Portal.
Customer Response Unit
Our Customer Response Unit (CRU) group takes customer service to the next level with a mobile team that:
- Increases community awareness of and enrollment in assistance programs
- Educates customers about energy efficiency and safety
- Works directly with customers to meet their needs
Habitat Conservation Plan
In 2014, CPS Energy announced the development of a system-wide Habitat Conservation Plan (HCP) for its operations, construction, and maintenance/repair activities. The HCP will ensure that the threatened and endangered species in the CPS Energy service territory are protected while the community continues to grow.