Scammers are currently spoofing the numbers they're calling from, including CPS Energy telephone numbers. Don't be fooled. Learn more about how to protect yourself here. You can check your account balance on Manage My Account. Be sure that you only make payments over the phone by calling our Pay-By Phone numbers listed below.
Please remember, WE WILL NEVER:
- Call to demand payment or money (by cash, credit card, iTunes cards, etc.) at your home or business
- Request credit card or banking information over the telephone
- Ask to enter your home unless you have initiated a request for a specific service
If you receive a suspicious call:
- Record the phone number if you have caller I.D.
- Call 911 or local law enforcement immediately
- Call the Security Hotline at 210-353-4000
Remember these rules about payment by phone:
- Payment will always be initiated by you, the customer
- You will make payment directly to our Pay-by-Phone partner, JP Morgan Chase, at the following numbers:
- Residential Customers: 1-877-257-1172
- Commercial Customers: 1-855-290-7615
How to distinguish CPS Energy employees from imposters:
- Company vehicles have a CPS Energy logo, and employees wear uniforms with our logo and will have an I.D. badge with employee number
- Even our contractors are readily identifiable
- In most cases, you will receive advance notice if we plan to do extensive work in your neighborhood
- Employees will almost never ask to come inside your home
- Employees will almost never ask you to come outside
If, on the rare occasion, a CPS Energy employee comes to your door:
- Ask to see the employee's I.D. badge and employee number
- Verify employment with this information by calling our Security Hotline at 210-353-4000
If you suspect someone of stealing uility services, please report this suspicious activity anonymously using our online form: Report Utility Service Theft.