System Maintenance: The Outage Map and customer alerts will be down for routine maintenance on Saturday, April 10 from 10PM – 2AM. You can still Report an Outage online.

We continue to fight to protect customers from excessive fuel and purchased power costs from the February 2021 Winter Storm Uri. Stay up to date by following us on Facebook and Twitter.  More updates: Newsroom and Storm Updates.

We stand ready to help any customer in need. Our People First philosophy led us to suspend disconnects while our community bands together during this challenging time. If you are experiencing financial hardship, we urge you to contact us for help. Call us at 210-353-2222 or online at cpsenergy.com/assistance.

We require the use of a face-covering and we will screen customers for COVID-19 symptoms before they enter any CPS Energy facility. Our modified customer service center hours are 10:30 am to 5:00 pm. Monday-Friday. If you have tested positive, or a family member has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please use our online tools or call 210-353-2222 for assistance.  Please do not visit our customer service center if you have COVID-19 symptoms.

Water and Energy

 

We want to help keep you and your property safe. Here are some important tips on avoiding dangerous issues involving energy.

How to play it safe with electricity:

  • Floods cause significant damage to homes and property. Once floodwaters recede, don’t flip a switch or plug in an appliance before a licensed electrician checks the wiring and appliances to make sure they are safe.
  • Never use water-damaged electrical appliances. Have them reconditioned by a qualified service repairman.
  • Be careful when your basement or garage is flooded; submerged outlets or electrical cords may be energizing the water.
  • Use GFCIs to prevent electrocutions and electrical shock injuries.
  • Never allow power cord connections to become wet.
  • Do not remove or bypass the ground pin on a three-prong plug.

How to be careful with natural gas:

  • If you’ve experienced a flood, don’t turn on a natural gas appliance before a qualified service repairman has inspected it.
  • Never use candles or open flames as a light source.
  • If natural gas house lines or appliances have been under water, have them dried out and reconditioned before use.
  • If you smell natural gas, do not turn on or off lights or use any electrical appliances or telephone––leave the building immediately and report it to CPS Energy at (210) 353-4357.