When you’re working on electrical systems or equipment, we want you to put your safety first. Here are a few guidelines.
- Use the right tools for the job
- Flip the breaker––isolate or de-energize equipment via the breaker panel
- Identify the electric shock hazards and other dangers that may be present
- Test every circuit and every conductor with a meter or current tester before starting to work
- Use personal protective equipment - it's your last line of defense in case something goes wrong
- Ask yourself, "Do I have the skills, knowledge, tools and experience to do this work safely?" If the answer is no, contact a qualified Electrician.
For additional information, call us at (210) 353-2970.