At CPS Energy, we’ll reward you for reducing energy use on peak demand days. Demand Response (DR), traditional and automated, is an integral part of our overall strategy to save 771 megawatts by the year 2020.
- Traditional DR runs June 1 through September 30. Automated DR is a year-round commitment.
- Participants are eligible for financial incentives in line with their energy reduction.
- Participating customers in traditional DR receive a two-hour advance notification of when to initiate and end curtailment. Companies participating in automated DR receive signals to trigger short-term, load-shedding measures.
- Reduction will typically be requested on weekdays between 3 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. However program participants must be willing to curtail between 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- CPS Energy offers a DR audit to interested customers to identify energy reduction measures at their business.
See our Commercial and Industrial Demand Response Requirements.
Contact your CPS Energy account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.