What is a Cool Roof?
A cool roof is one that has been designed to reflect more sunlight and absorb less heat than a standard roof. It can be made of a highly reflective material such as, a type of paint, a sheet covering, or highly reflective tiles or shingles.
Cool Roofs can help reduce the energy required to cool a home by reflecting solar energy which helps to lower roof surface temperatures by up to 50 degrees and reduce cooling demand by 10-15%.* (*Resource: ENERGY STAR®)
How does the rebate program work?
Customers must purchase/install roofing materials between January 1 and July 31, 2022.
Customers who retrofit their roofs with the qualifying materials will be eligible for one of two tiered rebate structures:
- $0.08/sq. ft. for projects with reflectance greater than 40%
- $0.20/sq. ft. for projects with reflectance greater than 65%
Rebates average about $144 to $360* per project (*Based on average size of 1,800 sq. ft.)
To qualify, your home must have:
- A roof that is 75% or more in direct sunlight
- No significant obstruction of direct sunlight to roof
- Functional air conditioning
If you can answer YES to the following questions, a Cool Roof may be right for you.
- Is your existing roof more than 20 years old?
- Has your existing roof been damaged or is in need of replacement?
- Does 75% of your roof get direct sunlight?
Questions regarding this rebate? Email: [email protected]