First Generation Home Manager to Nest Learning Thermostat Upgrade
What is the new Nest offer?
- First generation Home Manager equipment is reaching end of life and will be phased out over the next year. As a new offering, we're partnering with Nest to bring you the latest in smart thermostat technology.
Why is this offer only available to first generation Home Manager customers?
- Currently, the Nest offer is only available to first generation Home Manager customers because these devices are not compatible with our Smart Meters and are reaching their end of life.
Am I eligible?
- Home Manager customers with devices that are considered "first generation" thermostats are eligible for this Nest offer.
Will this offer be available to other Home Manager customers who are not considered first generation?
- Yes. Our website will be updated to reflect progress on the Nest offer.
About the Home Manager Program
What is Home Manager?
- Home Manager manages power to the equipment and appliances that consume the most energy in your home.
- It gives you control over the energy consumption of your home.
- It helps us reduce operational costs and slow down the need for new power plants.
Is Home Manager accepting new customers?
- No. Home Manager is no longer accepting new customers.
- We do offer other programs to assist with energy efficiency in the home like My Thermostat Rewards.
How does Home Manager work?
- Like a programmable thermostat––but smarter––you answer questions about your preferences and comforts, and your Home Manager creates a custom program for you.
Is there an app for Home Manager?
- Yes. There is an app for both iPhone and Android devices. Both are free and available at the respective Apple and Android stores.
- Home Manager also has full web portal functionality on tablet devices.
What are the benefits to me?
- You can reduce your home’s electric consumption without changing your lifestyle.
- You can lower their heating and cooling costs.
- You can change your home’s energy consumption at your convenience from almost anywhere.
What are the overall benefits?
- It will slow the need to build new power plants.
- It will improve how CPS Energy estimates energy demand.
- It will enable CPS Energy to track reductions in carbon emissions.
- It will allow us to make adjustments to customer appliances, during times of high energy demand, based on your preferred settings.
How do I use my online account?
- You will receive a package of start-up instructions when we install the equipment
- You will be able to access additional instructions and help through the online help feature
Who do I contact if I need assistance?
When will CPS Energy ask my Home Manager to conserve energy? How will it affect me?
- We will ask Home Manager to reduce demand during periods of peak electric use and other critical circumstances
- During these times, you may notice a slight change in your home’s temperature.
Can I stop a conservation event at my home?
- Yes, your online program enables you to opt out of a conservation event, even after it is in progress. You can also opt out by adjusting your thermostat.
Is my information secure?
- Yes, your information is secure.