What is Home Manager? What does it do?
- Home Manager manages power to the equipment and appliances that consume the most energy in your home,
- It gives you control over the energy consumption of your home
- It helps CPS Energy reduce operational costs and slow down the need for new power plants
How do to I participate in the Home Manager program?
- Allow us to place energy management equipment on the appropriate appliances in your home
- Create and use an online personal energy management program
How does it work?
- Like a programmable thermostat––but smarter––you answer questions about your preferences and comforts, and your Home Manager creates a custom program for you
Is there an app for Home Manager?
- Yes. There is an app for both iPhone and Android devices. Both are free and available at the respective Apple and Android stores
- Home Manager also has full web portal functionality on tablet devices
What are the benefits to me, the customer?
- You can reduce your home’s electric consumption without changing your lifestyle
- You can lower their heating and cooling costs
- You can change your home’s energy consumption at your convenience from almost anywhere
What are the benefits overall?
- It will slow the need to build new power plants
- It will improve how CPS Energy estimates energy demand
- It will enable CPS Energy to track reductions in carbon emissions
- It will allow us to make adjustments to customer appliances, during times of high energy demand, based on your preferred settings
How do I use my online account?
- You will receive a package of start-up instructions when we install the equipment
- You will be able to access additional instructions and help through the online help feature
What does Home Manager cost?
- Home Manager is free. There is no cost to you
When do you install the equipment?
- A CPS Energy partner company, Utility Partners of America, will contact you to schedule a convenient time.
Do I have to be home when you install the equipment?
- Yes, someone will need to be there when we install the equipment inside your home. This person must be an adult who can sign the pre- and post-installation acknowledgment forms.
Who do I contact if I need assistance?
When will CPS Energy ask my Home Manager to conserve? How will it affect me?
- CPS Energy will ask Home Manager to reduce demand during periods of peak electric use and other critical circumstances.
- During these times, you may notice a slight change in your home’s temperature.
Can I stop a conservation event at my home?
- Yes, your online program enables you to opt out of a conservation event, even after it is in progress. You can also opt out by adjusting your thermostat.
Who will have access to my Home Manager information?
- Only you will have access to your personal information.
What will be installed in my house and what does it do?
- A standalone gateway (SAG) with an internal communications gateway, which is the brain of the system.
- A programmable thermostat that communicates with the Home Manager’s brain
- An equipment monitor for each HVAC unit, to measure the energy used by each unit
- One equipment controller for your hot water heater or pool pump
Is my information secure?
- Yes, your information will be very secure thanks to encrypted or coded data files