Employee Benefits - Other


Employee Assistance Program (EAP):
CPS Energy provides EAP services to employees and household members at no cost.  Services include financial planning, family/caregiving needs, legal services, ID recovery, will preparation, and more. Confidential counseling sessions are also available for concerns related to behavioral health difficulties.   

Tuition Reimbursement:
Employees who have completed six months of continuous service are eligible for tuition reimbursement for approved courses related to their work at CPS Energy.  

College Savings Plan:
The 529 Plan allows employees to save for college expenses for their children, spouse, or self-education. The Texas College Savings Plan is sponsored by the state of Texas through the Texas Comptrollers of Public Accounts. Earnings and withdrawals for qualified educational expenses are tax-free and can be used at colleges and universities across the nation.

Disability Income Benefits:
CPS Energy provides a Short-Term Disability Plan at no cost to employees.  Employees are eligible for benefits for an approved illness or off-the-job injury that occurs six months after the date of hire. Employees with six months to five years of service may use PTO to supplement the benefit.

Benefits for employees with less than 5 years of service:


Benefit for employees with more than 5 years of service:


Employees with a disabling health condition that continues beyond 26 weeks may be eligible for benefits under the Long-Term Disability Program.  CPS Energy provides a benefit of 50% of the employee’s monthly base wage to a maximum of $7,500 per month.  Employees have the option to purchase an additional 20% benefit for a total benefit of 70% of the monthly base wage, with a maximum benefit of $15,000 per month.

Paid Time Off (PTO):


Other Paid Leaves:
Additional leave benefits include Floating Holidays, Jury Duty, Bereavement Leave, Paid Family Leave, Critical Paid Family Leave, and Critical Employee Intermittent Leave.  



In addition to the recognized holidays listed above, eligible employees will receive three floating holidays in each anniversary year.