Our Corporate College Internship Program (CCIP), is designed to meet the industry’s rapidly changing workforce needs by providing local San Antonio college students with public utility career experience. Through the internship program students are paired with a mentor to acquire meaningful hands-on experience that expands their understanding of how the industry works and exposes them to essential skills they must acquire or develop to be successful. The internship is not only meant for the intern to learn how to do things, but to also understand the rationale behind the strategies that are being used.
The following lists eligibility criteria for participation in the Corporate College Internship program. Students participating in the Corporate College Internship program must meet all CPS Energy hiring policy requirements.
- College junior or senior
- A minimum GPA of 2.0
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Exceptional communication skills
- Effective networking skills
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate an interest in a career applicable to the utility industry
- Participate in full-time summer employment with CPS Energy for a minimum of 8 weeks
- Attend all activities sponsored by CPS Energy during summer employment
- Pass a drug test and background screen prior to summer employment with CPS Energy
- Complete CPS Energy online application. Submit HS transcripts, resume, and letters of reference(2)