We live, work, play and give back to the community in which we live.
To be a good corporate citizen in our community by serving the Greater San Antonio Area through community engagement opportunities.
We do this by coordinating engagement efforts with local chambers of commerce, non-profit and other community partnerships, fundraising for Residential Energy Assistance Program (REAP), volunteerism, & Smart Energy Education programs.
Our Focus Areas
We are committed to supporting our community through financial sponsorships, volunteerism, and community partnerships and events.
Eligible Sponsorships and Memberships are those that show an alignment with CPS Energy’s role in the community, advance CPS Energy's business interests, and are consistent with CPS Energy’s goals and strategic plan.
CPS Energy has an invitation-only policy for Sponsorship or Membership requests. Currently, CPS Energy Corporate Responsibility is inviting a limited number of nonprofits to apply for sponsorships that align with our focus areas. CPS Energy will not accept unsolicited Sponsorship or Membership requests or requests for funding submitted outside of the invitation-only process.
A CPS Energy Sponsorship or Membership must support an organization or event that furthers the interests of CPS Energy. CPS Energy will only sponsor events or join organizations that have a proven track record in addressing key community needs and that can deliver measurable results for sustainable improvements in the communities in which we serve and operate our business.
Specific Eligibility Requirements
- Programs must directly benefit a segment of CPS Energy customers, stakeholders, and/or the communities in CPS Energy’s service territory;
- Eligible organizations must be tax-exempt under Section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code; and
- Eligible organizations must have been operating in good standing (taken the appropriate steps to meet regulatory requirements) at least three years.
In general, CPS Energy will not sponsor events or activities, or purchase Memberships related to the following:
- Any group not qualified as a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization under section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code;
- Political parties, organizations or campaigns;
- Religious, fraternal, social, or recreational activities;
- Individuals or unincorporated groups or bodies;
- Individual (K-12) schools or foundations;
- School-affiliated group Sponsorships (such as for orchestras, bands, choirs, drama groups, class parties, or team projects); and/or
- Individuals and groups seeking educational or travel grants for contests, pageants, trips or conventions.