Critical Care Program
When you need extra time to pay your bill
If you or a dependent living at home must use electrically operated medical equipment, the CPS Energy Critical Care Program gives you additional time to pay your bills.
- You must print and complete CPS Energy’s critical care application with your physician.
- The completed application must be faxed from the physician’s office to CPS Energy at (210) 353-3666.
Once you’re in the program:
- When you move to a new residence, you must re-enroll.
- You will need to re-enroll every 24 months.
Critical Care Program customers need to know:
- CPS Energy cannot guarantee the availability of electricity and natural gas services.
- In case of an emergency, please dial 911.
- Don’t wait for an emergency or power outage, make a family emergency plan now. If you have medical equipment that requires electricity or medicine that needs refrigeration, check with your doctor when making your plan. You can find plan ideas at ready.gov/plan.
For additional information on the Critical Care Program, call (210) 353-2222.
The Texas Division of Emergency Management has developed the State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry (STEAR). STEAR provides its registrants with information on available resources during times of an emergency event and provides local emergency planners, to include emergency responders, with additional information on the needs in the community. The STEAR program is now open and free to the public. For more information and how to register, please visit the STEAR website at www.tdem.texas.gov/stear.
The link provided to S.T.E.A.R. (the State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry) is being provided is as an informational resource only. By providing the link, CPS Energy is not endorsing or approving the products or services available on the website, nor does CPS Energy adopt any of the statements or opinions contained therein. CPS Energy bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content. www.tdem.texas.gov/stear