CPS Energy’s offices, customer service centers, and the call center will be closed on Monday, July 4, 2022 in observance of Independence Day. Offices will reopen Tuesday, July 5 at 7:45AM. Customers can report natural gas or electric emergencies by calling 210-353-HELP (4357) or 1-800-870-1006 anytime. Online services may be conveniently accessed through Manage My Account.  

Starting Friday, July 1 our Customer Service Center hours will be: 7:45AM to 5:00PM Monday-Friday (except holidays).

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Know the risks of the "silent killer"

When temperatures drop, we urge you to be careful when using fuel-burning heating equipment to avoid carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. Here are some important facts about carbon monoxide:

  • It’s produced by the exhaust from everything from furnaces to space heaters
  • You cannot see or smell it - hence, the nickname "silent killer"
  • Symptoms include severe headaches or nausea, fatigue, dizziness or feeling faint

What to do if you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning:

  • Open windows
  • Shut off your furnace and other fuel-burning appliances
  • Get out of your home immediately
  • Call the fire department at 911 and CPS Energy at (210) 353-4357 (HELP)
 

How to avoid carbon monoxide dangers:

  • Install a carbon monoxide detector near the area where your family sleeps
  • Check the detector’s batteries every time you change the time on your clock each spring and fall
  • When using a gas space heater, leave a window open a couple of inches for proper ventilation
  • Never heat a room with your gas range, oven or clothes dryer
  • Never use a charcoal or barbecue grill, or portable gas camp stove indoors
  • Always use fuel-burning appliances with proper ventilation
  • Always provide such appliances with adequate combustion air according to manufacturer recommendations
  • Make sure appliance fresh air intakes are not blocked or restricted
  • Keep vents and chimneys clear of debris or other blockages