Residential Energy Assistance Partnership (REAP) is a non-profit foundation that helps families in need pay their utility bills throughout the year and educates them on energy-saving conservation measures to help them save money.
REAP was established in 2002 through a partnership between CPS Energy, the City of San Antonio, and Bexar County. CPS Energy contributes $1 million annually directly to the REAP fund and works throughout the year to raise additional funds for the program. CPS Energy handles the program's marketing, fundraising, and back office administrative requirements. The City of San Antonio and Bexar County handle the application process. This invaluable program is one of our commitments to provide help to pay energy bills for customers who qualify for assistance.
You may qualify for REAP assistance if you:
- Have income at or below 125% of federal poverty guidelines
- Are a resident of San Antonio or Bexar County
- Meet at least ONE of the following: are age 60 or older, disabled, have children under age 16 living in your home, or require critical-care equipment
Once you are approved for REAP assistance:
- You may apply twice a year, for a total of $400 REAP utility bill assistance for the year.
- You will receive credit on your CPS Energy utility bills as well as information about CPS Energy programs on weatherization, low-cost/no-cost energy efficiency, senior-citizen aid, and critical care assistance.
- You will be asked to present proof of income, hardship, and number of family members.
Get more information about utility bill assistance:
- Online at City of San Antonio's Department of Human Services - Utility Assistance Application or get help by calling 210-207-7830 (for San Antonio residents)
- Online at Bexar County’s Department of Community Resources or get help by calling 210-335-3666 (for Bexar County residents)
How to apply for REAP utility assistance:
Complete the City of San Antonio's Online Application (San Antonio residents) or get help by calling 210-335-3666 (for Bexar County residents). The electronic application requires you to provide an email address which allows for fast communication and allows you to check the status of your application, view the average processing time for the past 30 days, and receive automated notifications each time the status of your application changes.
If you are not able to access the online application or do not have computer and/or internet, please call for help:
- City of San Antonio residents call 210-207-7830 between the hours of 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Bexar County residents call 210-335-3666 to schedule an appointment or visit the Resource Lab at 233 N. Pecos, San Antonio, TX 78207, between the hours of 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday - Friday
Every dollar donated to REAP goes directly to help those in need. Giving to REAP is easy, with many convenient options available to Donate to REAP, Inc.
If you need assistance with your bill, contact CPS Energy Customer Engagement at 210-353-4483.
We also encourage you to call the United Way Helpline at 2-1-1. This toll-free call connects you to a community resource specialist in your area who can put you in touch with local organizations that provide critical services.