Our customers are learning about a variety of new ways to generate clean, efficient energy, including distributed generation, which is smaller-scale power production located where the power is consumed.
CPS Energy can help you install a distributed generation (DG) system on your home or business. Such systems include:
- Solar photovoltaic
- Landfill gas
- Combined heat and power
- Micro-turbine wind
- Back-Up generator
DG systems typically generate from five kilowatts (5 kW), the approximate demand for a small home, up to 10 megawatts (10 MW), which can power large commercial or industrial installations. They can be connected directly to your electrical system or interconnected into CPS Energy's electric distribution system.
To install a DG system:
- Your home or business must comply with all CPS Energy installation requirements, which are found in the Distributed Generation Manual.
- You must complete and submit a DG Application (found as Appendix D in the DER Manual).
- You must submit an electrical one-line diagram, a site plan reflecting existing and new electric service equipment, and an elevation drawing.
Once you’ve completed the materials:
- The DG Application and associated documents must be emailed, in PDF format, to [email protected] for review.
- The DG Back-Up Generator Application and associated documents must be emailed, in PDF format, to [email protected] for review.
Begin your application process today!