Payment Options & Customer Assistance
We have several ways to help with your bill
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR PROGRAMS:
Please use Manage My Account (MMA) or call us at (210) 353-2222 to set up a payment plan.
- Standard Payments - Customers can request a late fee waiver when making a payment.
- Installment Plan - Customers can request that the full amount due be broken into installments and added to future bills, in addition to the then-current amount due.
- Extension - Customers can request to pay their past due balance at a later date.
- Budget Payment Plan - Customers are billed a fixed amount monthly, which is based on their previous year's energy charges. This makes it easy to budget energy dollars for the year.
- Modified Budget Payment Plan - Customers with a Budget Payment Plan can request that a past due amount be broken into installments and added to the monthly Budget Payment Plan payment.
CPS Energy has a variety of money-saving and general assistance programs designed to help qualifying customers. Some of CPS Energy’s assistance programs include:
- Affordability Discount Program - Customers may be eligible for a $18.36 discount on their monthly gas/electric combined service charge or $13.48 on their monthly electric service charge.
- Residential Energy Assistance Partnership (REAP) - Customers who qualify receive energy bill assistance up to two times annually. Learn more about how to apply here. This program is a partnership of the City of San Antonio, Bexar County and CPS Energy. CPS Energy contributes $1 million or more per year to the REAP fund.
- Senior Citizen Billing Program - Senior customers are allowed additional time to pay the net amount of energy bills.
- Senior Citizen Late Fee Waiver - Qualifying seniors over 60 years old can sign up to have their late charges waived.
- Disabled Citizens Billing Program - Disabled customers on Supplemental Security Income are allowed additional time to pay the net amount of their energy bills.
- Learn More about our Assistance & Billing Programs
Although we resumed normal disconnection processes, we want to help customers avoid disconnection. Customers who are on a payment plan and making their payments won't be disconnected. Our policy is not to disconnect services during a National Weather Service Heat Advisory for our service area, or the 48 hours following a Heat Advisory.
Past due customers are eligible for disconnection anytime between 42 to 64 days after their bill is issued. See the phased in approach of resuming disconnects for nonpayment of past due bills below.
For more information on resuming normal operations please visit our Newsroom.
If you are experiencing financial hardship and need payment assistance, we urge you to call us at (210) 353-2222 to set up a payment plan. Our energy experts can talk you through our payment plan options and assist you with a strategy to catch up on missed payments and bring your account current if you are behind. We can also help you determine if you qualify for Assistance Programs that are available to supplement utility bill payments for qualified participants.
If you haven't done so already, sign up for Manage My Account (MMA).
Remember we will NEVER call you and demand payment or threaten disconnection – but scammers will. So don’t be fooled by them. Learn more about Scammers.
- City of San Antonio Department of Human Services (DHS) or call (210) 207-7830
- City of San Antonio Neighborhood & Housing Services Department (NHSD) or call (210) 207-5910
- 311 City Servicecs or call 311
- Bexar County Community & Economic Development: Utility Assistance
- Telephone information
- Utility Assistance: (210) 335-3666
- Housing & Utility Assistance: (210) 940-1180
- San Antonio Water Systems: Uplift
- Assistance & Billing Programs (English & Spanish)
- CPS Energy Angels
- Upcoming Events
- REAP / Utility Assistance
- Affordability Discounts (ADP)
- Budget Payment Plan (BPP)
- Critical Care
- Casa Verde
- Disabled Billing Program
- Emergency Assistance Programs
- First Responders with Burn Injuries Discount Program
- Reconnection of Service (Self-Serve)
- Senior Citizen Billing Program
- Senior Citizen Late Fee Waiver
- Burned Veterans' Discount
- Ways to Pay My Bill