System Maintenance: On Sunday, December 3 , 2023, from 1:00AM to 5:00AM, our EZ Pay credit card payment processing may not be available; however, you may make a payment by logging in to Manage My Account. You may report an outage online or by calling (210) 353-4357. Visibility to bills in Manage My Account may also not be available during this maintenance.
Disabled Citizens' Billing Program
About this program
- Our Residential Disabled Citizens' Billing Program allows eligible disabled customers more time to pay their energy bills.
- Normally, CPS Energy customers have 16 days to pay their monthly bills. Customers enrolled in this program have 25 days.
- The person enrolling in this program must be the person whose name is on the CPS Energy account.
- To apply (and to recertify every year), customers must submit the required supporting documentation.
- Active/retired military customers: A copy of the official document from any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces that verifies their military disability status (the percentage does not matter). This is sometimes called a DD214, a DD-214, or a DD Form 214.
- Non-military customers: A copy of the disability document for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) from the Social Security Administration.
- To remain on this program, customers must recertify their eligibility every year.
- This program only applies to the customer’s main residence
How to apply
There are many ways to apply.
- By email or paper mail, send us a completed application and a copy of the supporting documentation.
- Visit a CPS Energy Customer Service Center. Be sure to bring a copy of your supporting documentation.
- Call us at 210-353-2222.
For more information
- Looking for the application? Click here to open it.
- Social Security Website: Supplemental Security Income
Click Below to Apply