Disabled Citizens' Billing Program
About this program
- Our Residential Disabled Citizens' Billing Program allows eligible disabled customers more time to pay their energy bills.
- Normally, CPS Energy customers have 16 days to pay their monthly bills. Customers enrolled in this program have 25 days.
- The person enrolling in this program must be the person whose name is on the CPS Energy account.
- To apply (and to recertify every year), customers must submit the required supporting documentation.
- Active/retired military customers: A copy of the official document from any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces that verifies their military disability status (the percentage does not matter). This is sometimes called a DD214, a DD-214, or a DD Form 214.
- Non-military customers: A copy of the disability document for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) from the Social Security Administration.
- To remain on this program, customers must recertify their eligibility every year.
- This program only applies to the customer’s main residence
How to apply
There are many ways to apply.
For more information