What to do if your power is out:
- Keep a flashlight and a battery-powered radio nearby
- Report outages to (210) 353-4357 (HELP) or call toll-free at 1-800 870-1006 in rural areas; if you have a smart meter, there's no need to call because the meter will alert us about the outage
- View our Power Outage page for more information related to outages in your area
What to do if you have a natural gas leak:
- If you or your family smell something similar to rotten eggs, you could have a natural gas leak
- Do not use any electrical or battery-powered item, do not switch lights on or off, do not light a match, or use a cell phone - any of these items could send a spark igniting the gas
- Leave your home immediately
- Call 911 and CPS Energy at (210) 353-4357 (HELP)
How to Track Electricity Demand:
- View daily peak demand forecast, current load, and available generation at http://www.ercot.com.
- Follow ERCOT on Twitter (@ERCOT_ISO) and Facebook (Electric Reliability Council of Texas).
- Sign up for the ERCOT mobile app (available for download at the Apple App Store and Google Play).
- Subscribe to the Emergency Alerts list on http://lists.ercot.com.