We can help you get your power turned on.
- If you’re a CPS Energy customer and need to transfer service, register for an online account and transfer service in minutes.
- If you need to start service and are not a CPS Energy customer, please request a letter of reference.
- If you’re in the military and relocating to San Antonio, CPS Energy may waive your deposit fee. We also have several resources to make your move easier. Contact us to learn more.
Identification Requirements for Residential and Commercial Customers
An Applicant may apply for Service(s) by completing a written, verbal, or electronic Application for Service to CPS Energy. At the discretion of CPS Energy, an Applicant may receive Service(s) without entering into a written Service Agreement. Applicant is responsible for providing accurate information to CPS Energy in its Application for Service. CPS Energy relies upon the declaration that the Applicant is authorized to make the Application for Service, is acting in good faith, and is providing true and accurate information. An Applicant who fails to comply with this section may be denied Service.
An Applicant shall be required to provide one of the following forms of identification:
- Verifiable driver’s license issued by a state or territory of the United States;
- Verifiable identification card issued by a state or territory of the United States;
- Social security number;
- Federal tax identification number; or
- Any other form of verifiable identification (ID) considered acceptable upon review by CPS Energy.
These requirements can be found in the CPS Energy Customer Terms and Conditions Applying to Retail Utility Service Formerly Knowns as CPS Energy Rules and Regulations Applying to Retail Utility.
Are you new to our service area? We can help you not only get your power on, but help you get other utilities like phone service, Internet service, cable or satellite television, and security systems started. Call CPS Energy’s First Connections today at (210) 353-2222.