Smart Thermostat - Troubleshooting
You can’t adjust your thermostat.
Non-Wifi thermostats only - When CPS Energy initiates a 10-minute cycling event for a critical peak period, your Smart Thermostat will display the word SAVINGS and the outdoor unit will be off during this time. It will turn back on after the cycling period is done.
Your Smart Thermostat’s display will not come on. Blank screen
- There is no power being supplied to the thermostat. Check your fuse or circuit breaker.
- Gas furnaces will have a blinking light that will blink a failure code when a safety switch activates.
- Gas furnace bottom cover panel is not on all the way. This causes the safety switch to stay open.
- Most furnaces have a float switch installed on the drain line. This cuts power supply to thermostat.
Temperature display will not go lower than 65 degrees Fahrenheit or higher than 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You have reached the temperature setting limits on the thermostat.
- Property owners sometimes request these limits to be different based on their system requirements
The programmed temperature change occurs incorrectly.
- Check the programmed time. Make sure the AM and PM indications and the day and time are correct.
- If you have a Wi-Fi thermostat, you can change the schedule settings from the mobile app.
The cooling mode will not come on.
- Make sure the system control is set to COOL.
- Check the system fuse or circuit breaker and replace or reset, if necessary.
- Check the display; if SAVING is displayed, the system is in the cycling mode and the thermostat is being controlled.
- The thermostat is in its built-in time delay; allow 5 to 10 minutes after changing the setting before the air conditioner starts.
- If the temperature setting on your Smart Thermostat is lower than the current temperature, and the display shows COOL, set the system control to OFF for 10 minutes, then return the system to the COOL setting. If the air conditioner comes on, the compressor may have reached its high-limit temperature protection and shut down. If the air conditioner does not come on after 10 minutes and the display shows COOL, call 1-866-222-7645.