As a safety precaution, all Customer Service Centers will be closed on Thursday, January 20 due to the anticipated inclement weather in our service area.  We will re-open on Friday and will follow our modified hours of operation from 10:30AM to 5:00PM.  Customers can access account information 24/7 through Manage My Account.  We are also suspending all disconnects during the inclement weather.  Please see our Winter Safety Tips for more information.  Learn More

All Walk-in Customer Service Centers have modified their hours of operation to Monday through Friday, 10:30AM to 5:00PM. This change will remain in effect until further notice. We encourage the use of a face-covering at any CPS Energy facility. If you have tested positive, or a family member has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please use our online tools or call 210-353-2222 for assistance. Please do not visit our customer service center if you have COVID-19 symptoms. If you are experiencing financial hardship, we urge you to contact us for help. Call us at 210-353-2222 or online at cpsenergy.com/assistance. Stay up to date by following us on Facebook Twitter. More info: Newsroom Events.

Water and Energy

 

We want to help keep you and your property safe. Here are some important tips on avoiding dangerous issues involving energy.

How to play it safe with electricity:

  • Floods cause significant damage to homes and property. Once floodwaters recede, don’t flip a switch or plug in an appliance before a licensed electrician checks the wiring and appliances to make sure they are safe.
  • Never use water-damaged electrical appliances. Have them reconditioned by a qualified service repairman.
  • Be careful when your basement or garage is flooded; submerged outlets or electrical cords may be energizing the water.
  • Use GFCIs to prevent electrocutions and electrical shock injuries.
  • Never allow power cord connections to become wet.
  • Do not remove or bypass the ground pin on a three-prong plug.

How to be careful with natural gas:

  • If you’ve experienced a flood, don’t turn on a natural gas appliance before a qualified service repairman has inspected it.
  • Never use candles or open flames as a light source.
  • If natural gas house lines or appliances have been under water, have them dried out and reconditioned before use.
  • If you smell natural gas, do not turn on or off lights or use any electrical appliances or telephone––leave the building immediately and report it to CPS Energy at (210) 353-4357.