Although we resumed normal disconnection processes, we want to help customers avoid disconnection. Customers who are on a payment plan and making their payments won't be disconnected.
Past due customers are eligible for disconnection anytime between 42 to 64 days after their bill is issued. See the phased in approach of resuming disconnects for nonpayment of past due bills below.
- September 2021
- Large commercial customers
- October 2021
- Small and medium business customers
- Residential customers who are:
- past due,
- are not on any assistance programs,
- have not made any payment, and
- haven’t answered our calls to provide assistance
- December 2021
- No disconnections during the holidays, per normal business operations
- January 2022
- Residential customers enrolled in assistance programs; also, reinstatement of late fees for all customers will begin. Until January, late fees will continue to be waived for customers who set up payment plans.
For more information on resuming normal operations please visit our Newsroom.
If you are experiencing financial hardship and need payment assistance, we urge you to call us at (210) 353-2222 to set up a payment plan. Our energy experts can talk you through our payment plan options and assist you with a strategy to catch up on missed payments and bring your account current if you are behind. We can also help you determine if you qualify for Assistance Programs that are available to supplement utility bill payments for qualified participants.
If you haven't done so already, sign up for Manage My Account (MMA).
Remember we will NEVER call you and demand payment or threaten disconnection – but scammers will. So don’t be fooled by them. Learn more about Scammers.