Tezel Substation and Transmission Line Project
The Tezel Substation and Transmission Line Project involves the proposed construction of a new electric substation and transmission line in the northwest part of Bexar County in the area west of IH10 and inside Loop 1604 near the intersection of Guilbeau and Tezel Roads.
A substation is a local power hub or distribution point for electricity. This substation will improve reliability and provide additional electric capacity to homes and businesses in the area. The substation will be supplied from a new extension of an existing high-voltage transmission line illustrated in the study area map. The substation will supply electric power to homes and businesses in the immediate area through lower-voltage distribution lines.
August 29, 2022 Update:
On July 26, 2021, CPS Energy’s Board of Trustees approved Site 5 for the Tezel Substation project. Since the Board’s approval our project team has completed the Tezel Substation sitework design, sitework construction is scheduled to begin on Monday, September 12, 2022. CPS Energy’s civil contractor for the sitework construction is Dorazio Enterprises, Inc. Weather permitting, the anticipated completion time for the sitework is the end of February 2023. Following sitework construction, CPS Energy crews will continue with the substation’s internal civil and electrical construction. The overall substation construction and energization is scheduled for completion in June 2024.
Our website will include regular updates on the project as steps are completed.
Also, you may call or email:
Antonio DeMendonca, MBA
EDS Project Manager, Project Management & Performance Improvement
Office: (210) 353-5318
Mobile: (210) 850-6358
- Construction Notification Letter Aug 2022 (English)
- Construction Notification Letter Aug 2022 (Spanish)
- Approved Site Letter (English & Spanish)
- Approved Substation Site Map
- Tezel Input Session Summary Letter (English)
- Tezel Input Session Summary Letter (Spanish)
- Tezel Substation & Transmission Map
- Tezel Public Input Invitation Letter (English)
- Tezel Public Input Invitation Letter (Spanish)
- Tezel Map
- Project Brochure (English)
- Project Brochure (Spanish)
- Customer Letter Combine (English & Spanish)
- Project Displays
- Study Area Map
- Constraints Map
- Distribution Circuits Map
- Questionnaire (Spanish)
- Questionnaire (English)
- Frequently Asked Questions (English)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Spanish)
- Tezel Recommended Substation Site