System Maintenance: On Sunday, December 3 , 2023, from 1:00AM to 5:00AM, our EZ Pay credit card payment processing may not be available; however, you may make a payment by logging in to Manage My Account. You may report an outage online or by calling (210) 353-4357. Visibility to bills in Manage My Account may also not be available during this maintenance.
Solar Water Heater Rebates
Save with a solar water heater
Your water heater is one of the biggest energy users in your home or business.
Switch to a solar water heater, with your gas or electric heater as a backup, and you can reduce costs up to 50 percent, according to ENERGY STAR®. Plus, by taking advantage of a CPS Energy rebate and federal tax credits, you can significantly cut the initial cost of the investment. All while making a positive impact on the environment.
Available to any CPS Energy residential or commercial customer, our solar water heater rebates are:
- Based on SRCC’s calculated annual kWh Energy Savings performance table for San Antonio.
- Calculated by multiplying the listed calculated savings for the system by a rate of $0.60.
The details and guidelines:
- The maximum allowable rebate amount is $2,000.
- The solar water heater equipment must be new.
- The heater must be OG-300 certified by the Solar Rating Certification Corporation (SRCC).
- Only systems currently served by an electric hot water heater are eligible.
- Applications must be completed and approved prior to installation.
- Permits and inspections by local authorities are required, when necessary.
- Post-inspections are required prior to issuance of the rebate.
Get more information on eligibility requirements in our guidelines.